Webroot is the highly-rated Antivirus software that secures the Internet from malware practices. But, sometimes it shows an error while updating which is very frustrating and you want to get rid of webroot antivirus. You might have questions and doubt that “Does webroot remove adware”?
Here we are to help you to solve your problems regarding webroot secureanywhere. You can completely remove the files from your PC or MAC.
This article will provide you with full details to make it easier for completing the uninstalling process.
Webroot Antivirus with Spy Sweeper removal tool
If the Spy Sweeper is installed may it be pc or mac then you need to remove the tool? You will get to download for free the webroot removal tool.
Remove webroot secureanywhere tool with the help of Control Panel:-
- Firstly, select the Start button.
- Then type in the blank space, appwiz.cpl and tap the Enter key.
- The Control Panel opens up showing the program list.
- Select the Webroot security product the one you want to remove.
- Then, tap on it and click on the Remove tab.
- A message will display on the screen tap on the Confirm option and your tool will be removed.
- Lastly, restart the computer after completion.
Even though we can undoubtedly remove the software from the Control Panel through an antivirus program, but it might leave some residue and for this reason, you need to download a removal tool.
Remove Webroot Secureanywhere
You can easily uninstall webroot from your system. This is compatible with Windows 7, 8, and 10. The tool will be useful when you want to remove or fix activation errors.
Webroot secureanywhere removal tool Windows 7:
To proceed you need to follow the instructions mentioned below:-
- First, select the Start option.
- Then type the keywords “appwiz.cpl” and press Enter.
- Then choose the Webroot SecureAnywhere option and tap Uninstall.
- In the message box tap the Yes option.
- Then type the characters and select Continue.
How to remove webroot secureanywhere from Windows 8?
Follow the instructions below:-
- Firstly, take the mouse pointer to the screen and tap on the Charm Bar.
- Then type “appwiz.cpl” to search and press on entering.
- Now move the pointer to the program you no longer want.
- Then click the Webroot Security Product.
- After that select the Uninstall option.
- Then tap on the Yes tab to confirm the process.
- You will be directed to the default browser after the completion of the process.
How to remove webroot from windows 10?
You need to download the removal tool to remove the webroot. The process of Windows 10 is similar to Windows 7 and 8 discussed above.
How To Completely Uninstall Webroot Antivirus
The webroot is not easy to uninstall as it does not completely remove the programs and uses CAPTCHA for uninstalling.
There are ways you can completely remove Webroot secureanywhere.
- How to remove the webroot secureanywhere tool from my computer?
- How to remove webroot secureanywhere from my mac?
How to remove webroot from a computer?
Webroot, the software which secures and protects from online phishing and data stealing. If you want to upgrade or experiencing any technical issues then you are likely to go for uninstalling the software.
You can go for two different methods for removing the download tool completely.
- How to remove the webroot by using the windows application?
- How to remove the webroot tool manually?
How to remove the webroot by using the windows application?
The steps to be followed:-
- Firstly, select the button Windows and R together so that the “Run box” opens up.
- Then, type appwiz.cpl in the blank box and then OK.
- Either, go to the Control Panel and then choose the Program Uninstall.
- Now choose the Webroot product and you need to tap the right button of the mouse on Webroot.
- A page will be displayed and now hit the Uninstall option.
- Type the Captcha displaying on your screen and then tap the Continue option to complete the uninstall process of removing from the PC.
How to remove the webroot manually?
Follow the steps mentioned:-
- You need to Boot your device to Safe Mode.
- Then, type Command Prompt in the blank field.
- Now tap on Run as administrator after the program pops up.
- Type the command as – C:\Program Files\Webroot\WRSA.exe” –uninstall and then press Enter.
- A prompt will display on your screen and then uninstall the Webroot.
- Then, type the CAPTCHA.
- Lastly, tap on the Continue option to complete the process.
How to remove webroot secureanywhere MAC?
You need to shut the program if you want to remove Webroot SecureAnywhere from Mac. Make sure to select Webroot in the list of Mac by tapping “Shut Down SecureAnywhere”.
Let’s follow the steps of instructions:-
- Firstly, tap on the option “Confirm” so that SecureAnywhere shuts down.
- Then you see a Finder tab on the screen, you need to choose to type the file name on it.
- Now, click on the file named “Applications”.
- Once the selected program opens you need to take the pointer to the Webroot SecureAnywhere icon.
- Now, move it to the Recycle Bin.
- A message will pop on your screen stating to confirm.
- Tap on the “Yes” option.
- Lastly, click on the “Uninstall” button thus completing the process.
Hence, this article will give you detailed info if you want to uninstall the webroot secureanywhere with the removal tool or if your pc or mac faces technical errors. You need to go for the process of uninstalling which we discussed in the above article.