How to uninstall McAfee Antivirus on Windows 10 using settings?
- On the windows ‘Search’ box, type ‘Settings’ and then select ‘Settings’ from the search results.
- Then, select ‘Apps’ under windows settings.
- On the ‘Search’ box, type McAfee and select the product to be removed.
- Continue by selecting ‘Uninstall’.
- Then again select ‘Uninstall’ to confirm the software to be removed
- Permission to continue may be seeked by windows. If so, confirm again to proceed with the installation.
- Close the ‘Settings’ window after the windows uninstall the software.
- Finally, restart the system to make sure that the McAfee Antivirus was uninstalled.
Thus, by following the above methods, a user can uninstall McAfee Antivirus from the Windows 10 system.
How to uninstall McAfee on Windows 8 using Settings?
To uninstall McAfee on Windows 8 using ‘Settings’ follow the instructions mentioned below.
- To access the programs installed in the system, select ‘Start’ in the ‘Charms bar’ or click the Windows keys.
- On the McAfee product, right-click to remove and then uninstall.
- Select the McAfee product that needs to be removed from the ‘Programs and Features’ window.
- Then proceed further by selecting Uninstall/Change’.
- Confirm again by selecting Uninstall to remove the software.
- Windows may ask permission several times to proceed with the uninstallation. Continue to confirm the installation.
- Then, wait for a while until Windows uninstalls the software.
- Finally, restart the computer and make.sure that McAfee Antivirus is uninstalled.
Thus, by following the above steps, a user can uninstall McAfee antivirus from the windows 8 system.
How to uninstall McAfee Antivirus on Windows 7 using settings?
To uninstall McAfee Antivirus on Windows 7, read the steps described below.
- Press ‘Start’.
- Then, select the ‘Control Panel’.
- Next, double click on ‘Add or Remove Programs’.
- Then, select the McAfee product that needs to be removed.
- Next, select ‘Add/Remove’ or Change/Remove’.
- Then, select the ‘Remove’.
- Confirm when permission requests.
- Wait for a while until Windows uninstalls the software and then close the window.
- Finally, restart the system to be sure that McAfee Antivirus has been successfully uninstalled.
Thus, with the help of the above method, a user can uninstall McAfee Antivirus on Windows 7 system.
How to uninstall McAfee on Windows using the McAfee Removal Tool?
To uninstall the McAfee Antivirus on Windows using McAfee Removal Tool, if a user is unable to uninstall through the computer settings, then follow the steps mentioned below.
- First, download the MCPR tool through the help of McAfee website.
- Then, double-click the MCPR.exe after downloading.
- Next, select ‘Yes’ to continue. Select ‘Run’ if a security warning appears. The ‘Removal Tool’ of McAfee will open.
- Then, on the McAfee Software Removal screen select ‘Next’.
- On the ‘End User License Agreement’ page select ‘Agree’.
- Select ‘Next’ by entering the characters shown on the Security Validation screen.
- Wait while the software is being uninstalled. It may take a few minutes.
- Finally ‘Restart’ the computer when the ‘Removal Complete’ message is displayed.
Thus, by following the above method users can uninstall McAfee Antivirus with the help of McAfee Removal Tool.
How to uninstall McAfee Antivirus from a Mac OS?
To uninstall McAfee Antivirus from a Mac Os, few steps have been mentioned below. Read to learn more.
- First, open the ‘Applications’ folder in the dock or navigate the folder from a ‘Finder’ window.
- Next, continue by opening the McAfee Internet Security Uninstaller app.
- Then, select the ‘Uninstall Site Advisor’ checkbox and proceed to remove the McAfee browser add-on.
- Next, click on to ‘Continue’.
- Then after entering the administrator password and continue by selecting ‘OK’.
- Finally, select ‘Finish’ when the uninstallation is done.
Thus, by following the above method, the user can uninstall McAfee Antivirus from Mac Os.
How to Reinstall McAfee Antivirus?
To reinstall McAfee Antivirus from the system follow the steps mentioned below.
- First, open the McAfee official site on the device.
- Next, click on ‘My Account’.
- Then, click on the email id and password.
- Continue by clicking on the ‘McAfee login‘ option.
- Then, open the ‘My Account’ button.
- Next click on the ‘Subscription’ button.
- Then, press on the ‘Add Device’ option.
- Next, select the ‘Type of Device’ option.
- Then, enter the McAfee product key. It is a 25 digit activation code.
- Finally, click on ‘Activate Now’.
Thus, with the above-mentioned ways, McAfee Antivirus can be re-installed.